8.30.2007

Portrait of a Thursday






I call this one "Growth Spurt":










I have always been fascinated with photography and it's ability to capture a moment or tell a story without saying a word. In some ways it is the entire opposite from music, although both mediums, when done well, can have the same effect on me. When I had Xander my husband and I bought our first real camera, a Nikon D50. After paying that much money for something that didn't transport us or do our dishes we both had to sit down so the camera shop would stop spinning. A year and a half later I can easily say it is the best money we've ever spent. And considering how far away we all are from each other it is the best way to show each other the way our children smile, laugh, cry, dance, and grow without actually getting to see it in real life.

So here are some more shots I took this sleepy morning. Yes, it's Thursday, but David's first day off always feels more like a Saturday. In a little while I'll wake him up and make some whole-wheat buttermilk waffles which we'll eat while the kids watch a movie. It's simply the best kind of day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You can see in this morning's pictures how much Felicity is growing and changing - even compared with the pictures you posted yesterday.
Once again you have a home with wonderful natural light, and your light furniture capitalizes on that feeling of lightness. The shots were lovely. Thanks!
love Mom