3.09.2008

Overturned Truck = Free Stuff

Imagine you're at home, listening to the morning news while you get ready when they announce that a produce truck has turned over on the highway. Now, imagine that instead of thinking "I should probably leave a bit early since traffic will be crazy" you think "I hope I get to the truck first so the good stuff isn't gone". That is life in a northern town. Overturned truck = free stuff. This week we got more avocadoes, lettuce, peeled garlic, ginger, shallots, and pineapples than I would buy in six months. The downside of free stuff is you have to figure out what to do with it all before it goes rotten. You'd be surprised what you can freeze!
In other news, I haven't lost a pound! Not a pound. My life has consisted of fruits, veggies, lean protein, zero ice cream, five small meals a day, no skipped breakfasts, daily exercise, and still no pounds dropped. I do feel better, and I can tell my body has toned up a bit, but it's still really frustrating, especially since I'm trying to drop pounds. So I'm going to try a few new things with my exercise routine and see if I can't get my body to drop pounds.
Xander and Felicity are doing wonderful. Xander's favourite thing to do is run around our house. That's it. Just run and run and run for about 10-15 minutes without stopping. Then he bugs Felicity for a little while, and when that stops being fun he runs some more. Felicity, when asked, enjoys "dress-ups, games, princesses, and school". In that order. I have to say that it's amazing how much they have started to act like siblings. Their interactions have really changed and they seem to genuinely enjoy each other's company when they're not kicking or smacking each other.




What can I say? It looks frightening, but I found it surprisingly, um...sexy? Are we still allowed to say that about handlebar moustaches?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

it seems that moustache is just crying out for a wifebeater t-shirt and a mangy dog a la "My name is Earl"! Hannah, you could play Daisy Mae!

Thanks for the new pics and the giggle.