1.05.2008

And the beat goes on...

So, yes, it has been almost a month since my last post. In the meantime we have had four birthday cakes, one Christmas, one foray into ice-fishing, and TWO trips to Whitehorse, not to mention pink-eye, the stomach flu, runny noses, and topped it all off with a plethora of presents, laughs, and yummy food. We had SUCH a good time with Mom and Dad. We sewed, we ate, we played a kickin' game of Canasta, we ate some more. They were surprisingly relaxed for the over-achievers we all know they to be. It was a dream come true to spend Christmas with them, considering that I went through all the trouble to guilt them away from Sarah and her oh-so-boring Japan (yawn) so they could truly experience our Winter Wonderland. However, I have to admit that as I was making my first trip up to Whitehorse through a snowstorm with my precious Felicity watching Shrek in the back seat I wondered to myself "was it really worth risking my life and the life of my children so that I could have the Christmas I wanted?". Turns out yes, it was. Also, I may have been a teensy bit overdramatic, as the drive to Whitehorse is actually quite lovely.

Felicity turned four on the 18th, and she is four with a vengeance. Being right all the time never felt so good. Xander also feels the same way about being TWO. I mean, why do anything half-baked when you can really throw yourself into tantrums, throwing food, and smacking your sister every two and a half minutes? Seriously, he is committed to experiencing ALL that TWO has to offer, and he's going to come out the other end of this year a more diverse, well-rounded individual.


Here's some pictures from our various adventures.




In case you're wondering, that's not dirt. It's blood.







This picture was taken at noon, when we have the most light.
















2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great pictures! We did have an awesome time, thanks to your gutsy drive north to pick up up. You drove for 4 days so that we could have a week with you - thanks so much for an unforgettable time.

Anonymous said...

\wowowow you look HOT in that picture of you hannah:) so tell me more about it being bright at noon?!?!?! is it dark the rest of the day?...your blogs are hillarious i just read them all;)