5.03.2009

Back in the saddle again...

Here's a basic recap of the last 7 months, the highs and lows, if you will.
Low: My nana died and I didn't get to say goodbye.
High: I got to spend an entire week with my siblings. Unprecedented.
Low: I found out I have a bunion, a sure sign of getting old and all that comes with it.
High: I had a 30 minute appointment in Chilliwack and got to spend a whole week with my mom. By myself. With no children. I almost passed out from all the free time.
Low: We miss our friends and our church.
High: God brought us new friends who willingly hang out several times a week without us driving them crazy. AND they haven't once referred to our kids as "great birth control".
Low: Christmas was quiet.
High: Christmas was quiet.
Low: I turned 30.
High: I finally know what I want to do with my life, which is apparently a symptom of turning 30 so...yeah.
Low: After several terrifying episodes, Xander has been diagnosed with epilepsy. Epilepsy with no cause, which is a high and low within itself.
High: Turns out God is good. And faithful. And He loves Xander even more than we do, which seems impossible, but is truer than true.
So now it's May 3rd. We have all been sick in varying stages for the last five weeks, but the end of that is in sight. The weather is beautiful, the snow is melting, we ate hot dogs roasted over a fire last night, a sure sign that this is the Dease Lake version of summer.
This is also our last year here. We debated, still debate, whether or not we should move early. Watching your husband perform chest compressions on your three-year-old changes you, your priorities, and your perspective. I still don't have a peace about moving, not quite yet anyway. We are planning - after all, we're planners, right Mom? - our life in Chilliwack knowing that the details will change but the big picture remains the same. Our home filled with life and love and laughter, our kids freaking us out on a daily basis, our future intact and secure in the knowledge that we are forever in the hands of God.

3 comments:

cara said...

Oh wow, Hannah. I'm so sorry to hear about Xander's diagnosis. Sounds scary, but I'm sure it's much better to know what you're dealing with now.
You mentioned now knowing what you want to do with yout life, but you didn't say what it is...
I'm sure your mom & dad are happy to have you moving back down to Chilliwack. Maybe that means I'll be able to see you next time we're in town. Which is end of July/August. :)

Henri The Great said...

You know Chilliwiack means "poop" in old Indian, right?

Just saying... ;-)

(I Corsica means "land of total awesomeness", but I might have gotten the translation a bit wrong...)

Anonymous said...

a thousand miles away and you still have the ability to make me cry. Love Mom