5.07.2009

It's Late

It's 10:59 pm. I'm still wearing my scrubs. I haven't taken my shoes off since I got home from work six hours ago. I ate too much ice cream after dinner, and I'm having trouble finding the perfect couch for a house we're not buying for another 8 months, and not living in for another year. Felicity told me today that she no longer loves sandwiches or pink. Xander has started calling everybody "werewolf" because he gets in trouble when he uses the word "poo-poo". Between mouthfuls David raved about dinner, which makes me feel like I got a merit badge on my wife sash. Today I wore my new glasses -




- and automatically raised my IQ by two percent, which ironically is the exact percentage Xander will lose by being on his anti-seizure medication for the next two years. I guess it all really does balance out in the end.
It is now 11:13 pm. My children are sleeping, sweaty and sweet, and my husband is somewhat patiently waiting for me to come to bed and turn off the light. My life is good.

3 comments:

The Meier's said...

Isn't life so exciting?!! Where are you guys moving to in a year? How has force housing been there? we are contimplating doing an LDP...ahh not sure..

where do you work? well enjoy your day....take care

Kim your favorite cousin:) said...

you're gonna tease us with a few posts and then not blog for like 6 months again aren't you?

p.s. i can't belive you never watched a hockey game until David came along... Thanks go to him for showing you the miracle that is hockey...

Alynne said...

Actually Kim the only game Hannah saw a part of was when we came to Canada for Christmas one year, and we popped in to watch your dad play goalie in his league. All I remember about that game is watching him try to get from end to end at the end of the period. I also remember his team mates calling him "soap boy" as they headed for the showers - what did that mean?????